Remember to …
- Ensure your vases are clean – use bleach or a proprietary cleaner.
- Use fresh, lukewarm water as it has less oxygen, so there is less risk of air bubbles in the stem stopping the flowers from taking up water.
- Use the sachet of cut flower food as it will stop bacterial growth in the water and will feed and protect your flowers.
- Place your flowers in a cool position away from heat, draughts and sunlight.
- Ensure your flowers are not put near fruit or vegetables as they release ethylene gas which prematurely ages fresh flowers.
Don’t forget to…
- Remove pollen from lilies.
- Check the vase water level regularly and add fresh water; changing the water daily will prolong the life of your flowers.
- Re-cut the stems after a week, as this helps water uptake.
- Remove any flowers that show signs of wilting or fading.
STOP AND SMELL YOUR FLOWERS! THEY ARE FAR TOO LOVELY TO JUST KEEP WALKING PAST!